Monday, August 15, 2011

Bittersweet Day

I am not quite sure where the last 5 years have gone. That being said, I have had a super bittersweet day. My first born met his kindergarten teacher today. :( He is so excited about this new adventure in life and I am so excited for him. I am also so sad because he is leaving the comfort of his home where he has been with me for the last five years. My husband and I made the decision not long after he was born that I would quit my job as a registered nurse and dedicate my life for the time being on raising this little guy. Well, one brother 18 months later and a baby sister just over a year ago, I am still here raising these babies. The sad part is, they are not babies anymore. The mail man delivered his backpack on Friday. He was so excited that I thought he would jump through the door to get it. "My backpack! My backpack!" He has worn it since. I am so happy to see this kind of enthusiasm for school. He is just growing up too fast for mama.

1 comment:

  1. Just try to enjoy it , I know just how you feel and yes there is a big differance when your little one takes the big step into the real world of kindergarten (they learn more then what the teacher, teaches them haha). Jack seems that he was born to do great things and kindergarten will be the first. Lots of Love Brandi Dillman

    ReplyDelete